Colorado Springs Utilities Engineering Support Coordinator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Position Number: 400134
Posting Close Date: 10/27/16
Pay Range: $33.85 to $38.93
Job Type: Engineering / Engineering Support
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 11:59pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Engineering Support Coordinator
The Engineering Support Coordinator is part of a highly skilled professional team in Utilities Development Services. The team is comprised of utility professionals responsible for providing high-level customer service, issues resolution, coordination with the development community utility drawing reviews and approvals related to commercial/residential land development process.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Performing technical reviews of drawings for land/subdivision development to ensure consistent and accurate application of policies and standards
- Performing water and wastewater construction drawing reviews and approvals
- Resolving issues with engineers, architects, developers and other stakeholders to obtain design and drawing approval that is in conformance with policies and standards
- Conducting Pikes Peak Regional Building Department permit reviews and utility approvals
- Providing technical assistance, expertise and engineering principles to internal and external customers
- Reviewing, analyzing and resolving customer inquiries
- Assisting with various activities in order to provide an integrated process that results in a high level of customer service in resolving complex and very technical issues
- Resolving real estate and easement related issues Administering related programs and projects in compliance with Standards, tariffs, policies and City Code
- Identifying, developing and implementing process improvements
Why should you apply? As an integral member of Utilities Development Services you will be utilizing your project coordination, customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills working with engineers, architects, developers and other stakeholders resulting in a positive impact to the overall growth of our community. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to work with a very dedicated team of professionals who are passionate in their service to our community.
What will it take to be successful in this position? Most people offer at least an Associate degree typically in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Project Management or a closely related field with a Bachelor degree preferred and seven (7) years of experience in a related field. Additionally, we are most interested in your accomplishments in the following areas (be sure to highlight these in your application and/or resume):
- Land development process fundamentals
- Design and construction practices as they relate to utility distribution and collection systems Negotiating with customers (land developers, commercial or residential) to determine needs and analyzing cost/benefit options and making recommendations
- Coordinating multiple projects throughout the various design and construction phases
- Demonstrated excellence reviewing construction drawings, schematics, and contract documents using Blue Beam and other computer-based review and mark-up applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint and Outlook
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community.
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. No person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
If you cannot remember which email address you used for your login profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and phone number.
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice:
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/ .
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. - You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel - NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.