Colorado Springs Utilities Information Technology Supervisor - Application Systems Administration in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Position Number: 401107
Posting Close Date: 10/30/16
Pay Range: $97,281 to $121,596
Job Type: Supervisor / Management
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 11:59pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Information Technology Supervisor - Application Systems Administration
Colorado Springs Utilities Information Technology is looking for leaders to help us build and develop an Application Systems Administration (AMA) team of professionals. We are seeking someone who can lead the implementation, maintenance, administration, and management of products and services that will readily facilitate various teams toward streamlining operational efficiencies and improving customer service levels and communications. If you excel at managing an application administration team that is responsible for the support of enterprise systems, then this is the opportunity for you!
The Supervisor of Application Systems Administration is accountable for the management, administration, implementation, monitoring, and support of all Production and Test Application Systems within the organization. Our application portfolio currently includes a combination of custom and COTS products, many of which have been highly customized. In this role, you will be accountable for providing leadership to a team of 10-12 employees who are responsible for the 24x7 hour support of mission critical systems, planning and organizing off hour’s maintenance management, application release management, and maintaining and optimizing all functional areas in regards to the application environment. This requires building a cross functional team from teams that had been silo-ed for support to allow a more flexible coverage model. Key to success will be the ability to act as a change agent by strengthening process adherence and standardization. You will also serve as a technical and supervisory leader making recommendations on best practices, strategies and implementations as well as ensuring quality, continuous improvement and effective collaboration.
This role will be accountable for, but not limited to the following key responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and is accountable for day to day operations of the Application Administration Support Team
- Hires, trains, and manages Information Technology professionals
- Conducts ongoing employee performance management and staff development
- Sets priorities and schedules work assignments, assures accountability and reports on team status and performance
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of all Application systems within the IT Application Portfolio including new software releases
- Enforcing application security measures to ensure separation of duties policies are administered
- Develops and maintains a solid communications plan for the direct team, ADMS, and management for all planned and unplanned Application Support activities
- Evaluates systems performance, system heath checks, and ensures there is a plan to improve application performance and reliability
- Coordinates, plans, tests, and schedules system backups, clones, restorations, and application failover processes
- Works directly with the Application Support Team and Service Request Team to ensure priority of delivery of requests for incidents and break fix issues.
- Integrates and partners with the Application Maintenance and Enhancement team to build and manage a solid application lifecycle including a well-defined, communicated, and disciplined application release management process.
- Integrates and partners with the Enterprise Server Administration team to build and manage a solid application patching and maintenance process.
- Applies application source control and application security practices based upon standards and policies
- Ensure team is participating in the planning and execution of all disaster recovery exercises
- Ensures team is fully cooperating application source control measures
- Sets team initiatives based upon the strategic objective of IT and its business partners
- Partners with business architecture, information architecture, application architecture and technology architecture teams to establish consistent standards around solutions
- Applies architectural standards, policies and procedures to technology tasks, configurations, and initiatives
- Applies the discipline to fully explore all possible solution options ensuring that requirements are well documented and thoroughly understood and existing solutions are evaluated for fit
- Identifies service improvements in current ADMS processes to reduce cost, improve process efficiency and improve people engagement model
Why should you apply? If you have demonstrated experience building and leading a high-performing work team able to manage, prioritize and execute under ambiguous and uncertain conditions while collaborating with various stakeholders, we want to hear from you! This position will provide you the opportunity to work across organizational boundaries in a matrixed environment as you coordinate multiple projects and assignments.
So, what will it take to be successful in this position? Most people will come with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least 5 years of experience in an IT application support or operations leadership role. Additionally, the preferred candidate will offer extensive knowledge and experience in the effective support and maintenance of IT applications and systems. Experience and knowledge in the Utilities industry is desired. Additionally, the ability to enforce disciplined system security and integrity methods, integration and auditing the separation of duties for all supported IT applications across the enterprise will be needed along with excellent analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to details. Key to this role will be the ability to plan and manage the deployment and maintenance of key application system updates, software, security patches and adherence to IT governance, inspection, compliance and regulatory requirements for validated systems.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- This high-profile position provides you the opportunity to work with various leaders across the organization as you demonstrate your expertise.
- The opportunity to thrive and perform daily continuous process improvements resulting in transformational change.
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. No person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
If you cannot remember which email address you used for your login profile, please email email@example.com and include your full name and phone number.
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice:
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/ .
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. - You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel - NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.