Colorado Springs Utilities Manager - Enterprise Risk Management in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Position Number: 401275
Posting Close Date: 10/30/16
Pay Range: $132,870 to $166,088
Job Type: Supervisor / Management
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 11:59pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Manager - Enterprise Risk Management
Colorado Springs Utilities is seeking a Manager to oversee the Enterprise Risk Management Services within the Planning and Finance Division. The Manager functions as a part of the leadership team with the General Manager and Executive Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing various integrated resource plans, business strategies and identifying risks to the organization. This requires a strategic, long-term perspective as well as immediate consideration to business impacts with various projects and initiatives. This will require someone with project / risk management experience (e.g., project risks, contingency planning, etc.).
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Achieving a deep understanding of Colorado Springs Utilities’ organizational strategies, projects and initiatives and aligning risk assessments with division / departmental objectives to promote thinking about risk from both an operating and strategic perspective.
- Managing the identification and assessment of enterprise risks, including strategic, operational, and key initiative risks, and works with the appropriate teams to balance these risks with rewards and develop action plans to enhance the probability that desired objectives will be achieved.
- Assisting with the risk assessment process associated with strategic decisions across the enterprise and emerging risks to ensure enterprise risks are monitored as conditions change.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with stakeholders to assist in the development, assessment and monitoring of mitigation plans for enterprise risks to ensure all risks are managed to an acceptable level.
- Monitoring compliance to Enterprise Risk Management Policy, Financial Risk Management Policy and Energy Supply Risk Management Policy as well as a number of other policies dealing with risk related activities.
- Oversight of insurable risk program, including portfolio of programs covering property, liability, cyber and a number of minor insurance policies.
- Interacting with City of Colorado Springs audit and legal organizations to facilitate activities involving organizational audits, legal representations and major suits involving damages recoverable under existing insurance programs.Identify, evaluate, and escalate issues that conflict with the risk tolerances.
- Leading risk assessment sessions related to the key projects and major programs in order to identify any project risks early in the process in order to minimize surprises and increase project efficiency.
- Enhancing Enterprise Risk Management policies, practices, and tools to analyze and report enterprise risks and develop an enterprise risk management framework.
- Supervise staff by making hiring and pay decisions, making work assignments, providing training, developing performance plans, coaching staff and evaluating performance, taking corrective action as appropriate.
Why should you apply? At Colorado Springs Utilities, you have an opportunity to contribute ideas and solutions in an empowering environment. As a leader in four-service utilities, Colorado Springs Utilities provides a work culture dedicated to innovation, collaboration, and synergy. We champion state-of-the-art facilities and clean, efficient technologies that sustain the Colorado Springs lifestyle. As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community.
What will it take to be successful in this position? Most people will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, or closely related field and five years of business, finance, mathematics/statistics, or economics experience. However, our ideal candidate will have 7+ years of progressively responsible business, finance, mathematics/statistics, or economics experience in a utility environment and a Master’s Degree along with a related professional certification and a proven track record of leadership experience.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community.
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. No person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
If you cannot remember which email address you used for your login profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and phone number.
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice:
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/ .
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. - You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel - NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.