Colorado Springs Utilities Senior Project Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Position Number: 401926
Posting Close Date: 10/26/16
Pay Range: $88,420 to $110,531
Job Type: Engineering / Engineering Support
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 11:59pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer will be performing advanced engineering and serving as a technical expert based on engineering experience in evaluating energy systems, fuel capability and economic factors to determine the optimal performance within broad guidelines to achieve reliability targets and least cost energy supply. In addition, this position may provide technical expertise and other engineering functions within Energy Supply.
- Performs analyses to predict and plan for supply resources
- Negotiates short and long-term purchases and sales
- Seeks, negotiates, and manages new opportunities for utilization of Colorado Springs Utilities resources and assets
- Manages coal purchases
- Manages available resources, including inventory levels, to ensure service reliability
- Develops forecasts and performs short and long range planning for projects
- Responds to changing resource situations, some of which may be volatile requiring resolution within short timeframes
- Provides technical guidance to other engineering employees and Traders and coordinates efforts with regard to complex engineering issues
- Prepares, negotiates, administers and reviews contracts to ensure compliance with policies, regulatory requirements and legal consideration
- Works with industry professionals and serves as a Colorado Springs Utilities representative
- Conducts studies and research
- Creates and maintains computer models to aid in analysis and operations of systems
- Monitors changes and trends in federal and state laws and regulations; develops new procedures and programs based on new regulations
- Supporting various aspects of project implementation including developing work breakdown structures, writing project statements of work, reviewing bids, overseeing contractors and consultants, inspecting projects, conducting briefings, and facilitating procurement and contracting
Why should you apply? As an integral member of the Energy Supply engineering team, this position provides an opportunity to advance your professional career as you demonstrate your expertise within our organization. You will have the opportunity to work with a very dedicated team of professionals who are passionate in their service to our community. And, we offer a work environment where work-life balance is realized.
What will it take to be successful in this position? A Bachelor of Science or post graduate degree from an ABET accredited institution in Civil, Environmental, Water Resource, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or General Engineering related disciplines.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community.
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. No person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
If you cannot remember which email address you used for your login profile, please email email@example.com and include your full name and phone number.
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice:
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/ .
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. - You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel - NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.